Deception detection courses abound. The problem with most of these courses is that they’re based on opinion and not evidence. In other words, many online deception detective courses are…well…deceptive.
This deception detection course relies on evidence-based, peer-reviewed studies to give you the techniques and skills you need to detect deception. Many of the techniques taught in this course are also used by the Central Intelligence Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and many other law enforcement agencies when interrogating suspects. An extensive list of citations is included with course materials.
In this course you will learn:
- Why do people lie?
- How often do people lie?
- How good are people at detecting deception?
- Processes in liars
- Cues to deception
- Research on Deception Detection
- The “Cognitive Load” approach
- Evidence-based approaches to Deception Detection
- The SUE Technique
- Multi-modal Deception Detection
- The Neuroscience of Deception Detection
- Contextual Cues
- Verbal “Tells”
- Body Language and Facial Expressions
- Cultural cues